B-BBEE planning is the verification process
An important step in your B-BBEE planning is the verification process. Here are a few pointers to ensure your organisation submits B-BBEE documentation correctly:
- All information submitted to the B-BBEE verification agency should have all relevant, updated, and accurate documentation available in your file.
- A Verification Agent will not tolerate false evidence. A company can’t buy its B-BBEE points, and neither will fronting make your company compliant.
- All documentation that is required needs to be available for submission. This will limit the review queries and frustration when the verification agency receives the electronic evidence file.
- Neatly build your file to avoid frustration and a delayed verification process. Nothing frustrates a verification analyst and technical signatory more than incorrectly scanned or upside-down scanned documentation.
- Ensure that the submitted documentation falls within the measuring period.
- All documentation needs to correspond, e.g., Invoice, Proof of payment, etc.
Any documentation that doesn’t correspond won’t be submitted and no B-BBEE points will be allocated to the specific element, which will have a level impact on the B-BBEE Certificate issued.