Last Updated On: June 2021
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or company billing information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers/clients/consultants browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
– To the divisions and entities in Adson Consulting, including directors, employees, agents, auditors, subsidiaries legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information;
– To financial and government organisations who may request information from Adson Consulting, in which case the data subject will be notified in advance; the provision of such information, including banks, governmental, judicial, regulatory ad law enforcement bodies including the South African Revenue services and the National Credit Regulator;
– To persons employed by Adson Consulting to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to Adson Consulting regarding the treatment of personal information;
– To any person to whom Adson Consulting cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to products and/or services provided to the person or contracts concluded with the person;
– To any person who acts as legal guardian, executor of an estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
– To any person or persons who may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to, including persons or entities who may request such information to evaluate the credit worthiness of the person.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you or to which you subscribed to.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
As a data subject you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
A data subject (employee, consultant, supplier and/or client) has the following rights to his/her personal information collected, processed, and stored by Adson Consulting:
- Right of access to and the right to rectify or update the personal information collected;
- The right to object at any time to the processing of the personal information in which event the consequences of the objection will be explained to the data subject.
- The right to request Adson Consulting to no longer process the personal information of the data subject should the information not be required for further processing or by law.
- General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
All personal information collected by Adson Consulting will be stored as follows:
- In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure its privacy and confidentiality;
- For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is
- Required by law or contractual obligation;
- Otherwise reasonably required by Adson Consulting for lawful purposes related to its functions
- and activities;
- Retained further with the person’s consent
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
If however, information of data subject under the age of 18 is collected and processed, Adson Consulting will provide the data subject with a consent form, parental guardians need to be either present, aware and sign consent.
No underage information will be shared and kept confidential under the protection of the law.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
Hillcrest Office Park, Harriers Place, First Floor, 121 Dyer Road, Hillcrest, Pretoria, GT, 0083, South Africa